Spring!

Being as today is rather grey and a bit damp & gloomy, I thought I’d post a couple of pics of the colourful flowers which currently brighten our day :)

The flowers on the Broad Beans that we planted have started to open up now, can’t wait for them to be in full bloom as they’re lovely.

There’s still no interest in our nest box, but we’ve started getting a bit more activity in the garden now, the Collared Doves are down every day & a couple of Greenfinches are making regular appearances :) The photo below was a bit rushed, but is the Greenfinch perched on the wire a young one, or a female?  (I didn’t even realise the Coal Tit was in the shot when I took it :) )

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Spring!

1. warren says:

Nice colourful post today Shazza :-) The Greenfinches are a pair, the young are much more streaky :-)

2. Shazza says:

Thanks Warren – did think it was a female, but there was already a female on the feeder with the male – unless he can’t decide which one he prefers ;)

3. Chris says:

It has arrived here too for the last two days but tonight the bad weather is coming back.. The flowers are still not out over here but birdlife is very active… You got beautiful colors and light on these shots.

4. Cliff says:

Nice flowers, Shazza, particularly Clematis with water drops. I also think it to be a F Greenfinch. Good to see life back.

5. Enda says:

some smashing shots there with lovely vibrant colours

6. ShySongbird says:

Not sure how I missed this one Sharon!! Lovely to see your colourful flowers and birdies :)

My Clematis have done well too despite the exceptionally dry weather and my neglect!

7. Shazza says:

Thanks ShySongbird :)
    Thanks for your comment Enda & thanks for dropping by :)