Sonic the Hedgehog!

Update on the hedgehog (which we named Sonic!) – after watching it for about half an hour, it seemed to have buried itself into the leaves – however, some time later it was in the middle of the lawn wobbling around, shaking and obviously tired / hungry.

We decided to place it in a box with newspaper & old clothing, some water and some cat food & left it for the rest of the day.  It was quite happy eating the food and slept all afternoon.  At about 10pm we tried to coax it outside, put the box on it’s side and left it to escape if it wanted to – obviously it decided it was much too comfy inside the box & stayed!

I’m assuming the rest did it the world of good as (at 4am this morning!) it decided to escape from the box and have a wander around the kitchen! We put it outside and it shot off into the undergrowth.

I’d love to carry on putting out cat food at night just to see if it stays around our garden but the neighbourhood cats would have a field day!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Sonic the Hedgehog!

1. Jenny says:

Hi Sharon, I’ve finally caught up with you and your move! Great news with Sonic. I hope he/she sticks around your neighbourhood (it would be mad not to!) (-:

2. Shazza says:

Hi Jenny – thanks I hope Sonic stays around too – might have to start collecting worms to entice it! :-)

3. Warren says:

Sharon,
    I have a one eyed hedgehog that turns up around 6pm every evening. I feed it peanuts and sunflower hearts. Only thing is, it must cross the lane before it gets to my garden, last evening I saw it crossing the road, and a car went right over it…………..luckily the wheels missed the hedgehog, and it carried on to my house. I do fear the worst though :-(

4. Shazza says:

Wild animals certainly tug at the heart strings! Still, at least your hedgehog knows where to go for food Warren. I may try putting out peanuts tonight – at least the cats won’t eat that!

5. Phil Sharp says:

Hi Sharon. Nice to see you back again. Well done with the wildlife rescue. We used to get Hedgehogs in the garden regularly but hardly ever see them nowadays. Yet another sad decline. Don’t feed the cats whatever you do!

6. siobhan says:

Welcome to WordPress, how you finding it?
    I’ll update your link on my blog. Great about the hedehog find – that’s very cool. I’d go with the nectar theory someone suggested on your starlings.

7. Chris says:

Hi,
    Wow this story is jsut incredible. Be careful not to let him become your pet!!