Our "Other" Back Garden!

We discovered our “other” back garden last weekend – a stretch of beach / fields / scrubland and gorse literally 3 minutes walk away.  Below are a selection of photos I took from this new haven!
My first Stonechat of the year!
Kestrel – seen quite a few times so hope to get better close-ups soon!
Gorgeous blue skies in Ireland all last week which is set to continue throughout next week into next weekend – I could get used to the blue backdrop on my photos!
Of course, I’ve probably jinxed it now ;-)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Our "Other" Back Garden!

1. Warren Baker says:

your 'other ' back garden would make a great 'patch' to record from Sharon.

2. The Early Birder says:

Smashing location to have just minutes away from the back door.

3. Phil says:

I'm very envious Sharon, I expect you have the place to yourselves as well? Like the Kestrel and how good does that sky look!

4. Cheryl says:

Sharon….I've died and gone to paradise….beautiful, absolutely beautiful……

5. Sharon says:

Thanks everyone!
    Warren – I think Forest will be doing this as his patch – I'll stick to the "normal" back garden!

Early Birder & Phil – I agree, it is a stunning location, one which we didn't realise was so close & we do have it all to ourselves if we go there before 11am – the Irish don't tend to go out anywhere until about lunchtime!

Cheryl – Thanks – I'm sure it won't look as beautiful once it goes back to being grey & rainy though!

6. Phil says:

I like the look of your extra garden Sharon, it obviously has some nice spcies to see in addition to the other garden. Nice Kestrel shot – It's never easy to freeze the action.

7. Bob Bushell says:

A lovely place to live in, and to shoot off with a camera. The beautiful photo of the Sand Martins and that great Kestrel.

8. drimnaghbirdwatch says:

you've got to be kidding! Thats your 'other' back garden – what a great patch to have 3 minutes from your house!

Nice pics of the sandmartins and amazing one of the kestrel.

9. Chris says:

Hi Sharon,
    Wow this looks like a bird paradise too me! Well not bad for a first visit! The pictures are beautiful and the birds species quite nice to have around!!!! Congrats for discovering this new birdies paradise!!